Full-time position available with Haworth’s largest, global contract furniture dealer. Established in 1981, we are a 2nd generation, family-owned company looking for the ideal candidate to join our team.
Our clients range from local companies to some of the largest companies on the globe with projects ranging from a single office to a fully furnished new building.
Project Designers plan, design, and furnish interior environments of commercial space by performing the following duties:
- Confers with salesperson and/or client to determine purpose and function of environment, budget, scope of project, time schedules, project proposals, types of furniture and equipment to be installed, and other factors which affect planning interior environments.
- Integrates findings with knowledge of interior design and formulates environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving efficiency of office environment.
- Advises salesperson and/or client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, color schemes, color coordination, codes, and works council requirements.
- Renders schematic design, working drawings, product specifications, ideas in form of paste ups, drawings, or illustrations, estimates material requirements and cost, and presents design to client for review, approval, implementation and follow-through.
- Maintains project files and time sheets on all work performed.
- Attends all design/sales meeting and seminars as requested.
- Attendance at client meetings, both on-site and off-site is required.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college of university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- ASID license or Architectural license preferred.
- Needs working knowledge in all phases of design, drafting and presentation techniques. CAD skills required (Auto CAD version 12 preferred).
- Needs dependable and reliable transportation. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to go to jobsites for meetings, field measurements and punch lists.
- Needs thorough knowledge of furniture, interior building materials and finishes, and understanding of resources available.
- Must be knowledgeable with architectural mechanical and electrical plans and specifications to assure coordination of it with interiors (including knowledge of lighting, acoustics, plans, elevations and details.
- Competitive Benefits/Salary
- Incredible Working Showroom